Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Talk to Me Tuesday: Simple Xpressions Personalized!


Happy Tuesday! Today, I am honored to introduce another one of my sponsors: Simple Xpressions Personalized! for Talk to Me Tuesday.
Melissa, owner, does an amazing job customizing vinyl creations. From sports bottles to Easter baskets, she has your custom vinyl needs covered. 




Welcome Melissa!

Tell us about you!

Hi! My name is Melissa. I have 2 boys (age 8 and 4 1/2) who keep me busy! I've been creative my whole life! I love working with paper and have made and sold cards for the last 12 years. I started working with vinyl about 2 years ago and haven't looked back.  





 Tell us about your shop!  

SimpleXpressions-Personalized! came around in the spring of 2012 when I stumbled across a facebook group that worked with vinyl and instantly became addicted. I remember the awesome feeling of having something with my name on it when I was little and wanted my kids to be able to have that too, but knew that they never would have anything that could be bought in the store because their names aren't common. I made water bottles for my son's birthday that year, listed them on Etsy and it quickly took off from there. I specialize in birthday party favors and can make or match pretty much any theme.  




What is your favorite thing to make?

My favorite thing to make is definitely water bottles for birthday parties. I love being able to make someone's birthday special and unique.  


What is the hardest part of owning your own online shop?

Right now I think the hardest part is advertising my shop. I recently moved to Storenvy from Etsy and now have to do my own advertising to get business.   




Do you have any advice to share?

It can be stressful at times! Make sure you make time for life and your family (which I still struggle with sometimes) and don't let yourself get burnt out or it won't be fun anymore.   


Boy is that so true! I know for me, my family is one of the main reasons why Kiser Krafts came to be. And balancing it all out can take some time. Thank you for your words of advice Melissa. Make sure to stop by tell Melissa "hi" and where you found, and follow/like her at her SHOP | FACEBOOK PINTEREST | TUMBLR . Thank you so much for visiting and talking with us today, Melissa. 



Kelly

1 comment:

  1. Such cute party favors! I love your personal goal of making sure each of your works are unique and beautiful. Great products tend to sell themselves; so just continue on making your artsy creations, and I'm sure your marketing will follow an easier trend. I hope your shop prospers! Cheers!

    Tommy @ NextUpNetwork.com

    ReplyDelete