Sunday, April 28, 2013

A motorcycle Dream

Okay, I know I already shared a story featuring my daughter. I do have a son. The newest news for him is, he is climbing the stairs and teething. Not much but I am sure in the future I will share a story with him as the main character.

Now on to what happened this afternoon. We were on our way home from Sunday evening church and we had a 'pack' of motorcycles whiz passed. I pointed them out to Penny in the back seat. And here is how the reaction went.

"yay!" exclaims Penny. They whiz by...then no more...."more, Momma more"

"There are no more Baby," I tell her. She folds her little hands "Pwweeeeaaassse" she begs. "Sorry sweetie, maybe you can ask Daddy to show you some pictures of motorcycles on the computer when we get home."

"I will" she huffed "Daddy show me." And she promptly crossed her arms. So we finish our drive home. I take her out of the car and she heads up the stairs and Daddy opened the door for her.
The moment she is inside she asked "bicyles puter Daddy pease?"
 He looks to me for translation. "She wants to see pictures of motorcycles on the computer."
He looks down at penny and explains to her he has to go to the store and to pick up super. "Right after I return from getting super we'll look at motorcycles," Daddy replies. Daddy left. I distract Penny with the thoughts of a Veggie Tale movie. I hear a motorcycle outside. Our neighbor's brother comes rolling up and parks. I lift Penny up so she can see the bike. 

"Pease Momma I see it?" she folded her hands "pweeaasse" she begged. So I took her to the stairs and warned Ms. Hellen she was coming down. Scooped up Danny and out we went. Rodger carried Penny over and sat her down on the motorcycle. The grin Penny had was priceless. She clapped her hands and cheered. So I caught a few pictures of Penny on a motorcycle. It was a moment in time that was priceless and will always be remembered. 



Do you think we may have a biker in the future?? (If Daddy will permit it)

No comments:

Post a Comment