Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Talk to Me Tuesday: Lily and Bo

Happy Tuesday! Today, I am honored to introduce another one of my sponsors: Lily and Bo. Carrie makes the most adorable things for kids. She is super talented!

  Welcome Carrie!!


Tell us a bit about you!


My name is Carrie Toldo. I am a single mom of Ashley, 17, and Blake, 14. I am a lover of anything handmade, an avid listener to Minnesota Public Radio & CNN, addicted to yarn, beyond in love with knitting and I strive to learn something new each day.
Tell us about your shop! 

Lily & Bo was created after my two furry babies- Bretta & Lily.
I learned to knit from my little Grandma Kate when I was 8. My goal was to knit my dad a scarf. Being 8 and not having patience to sit and knit, the scarf was not knitted. Fast forward 20+ years later, I picked up some needles and learned to knit again and that scarf was finally made! Dad loved his scarf!
I knit a variety of  items such as hats, cowls & toe covers. I also make hair clips, headbands & jewelry. I love custom orders and have made hair pieces, tutu's and unique hats! 

What is your favorite thing to make?


The famous Yoda hat! It is such a fun hat to knit! 
 
What is the hardest part of owning your own online shop?

Time to advertise my business. Every day life can sometimes put you a step back. I have to set aside time each day to focus on my business.


Do you have any advice to share?

Read up on everything that you can about social media, owning a business, how to sell online- anything that you can find. Every little bit of information can help!

Thank you so much Carrie for joining us today!! You can find and follow Carrie at her SHOP | ETSY | BLOG | TWITTER | FACEBOOK | .COM . Make sure to stop and tell her 'Hello' and how you found her!! 

Kelly

2 comments: