Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Talk to Me Tuesday: Ella's Enchanted Photos style

Hi! I was privileged to discover a brand new shop on Storenvy: Ella's Enchanted Photos. I was amazed by the beauty in her photographs and reached out to her to for an interview. She agreed! I am so totally excited to introduce you to a young lady, Ella, and her passion for life and photography.
Welcome Ella! 

Tell us about you!

Hi, I am Ella of Ella's Enchanted Photography

I am a 13 year old homeschool student. I love taking pictures, and reading. Not sure which one I like more!

Photography has been an interest of mine for many years. Less than a year ago my grandma sent me one of her old cameras and I started taking pictures with it. I was able to take a few classes, but I really wanted to share my pictures with others, and I have always wanted to have my own business. I bought a new camera with some savings I had, and now take pictures everywhere I go.

Currently I am very active in the community and am volunteering at a farm that does Hippo-Therapy. Hippo-Therapy is occupational therapy on horseback with special needs children. (I have some horse pictures to share soon!)

I am the oldest of 6 children, and would like to use the money I make from photography along with scholarships to pay for college in a few years.



Tell us about your shop!

Ella's Enchanted Photos

Since I was little I wanted to own my own business. My mom had the idea to try to sell some of my photography. We had shared some of my photos with the people we knew and they all loved them. Also we loved them! I didn't just want to take pictures and never have anyone see them. What a waste that would be. So we opened up an online store. I am very excited to be able to do something that I love, and also have a business too. I get to do 2 things I love at once! 


What is your favorite thing to capture?

My favorite pictures to take are pictures of nature. I love macro photography. There is nothing better than getting up close to a flower and get to see all the beautiful details you normally do not get to see.


What is the hardest part about owning an online business? 

The hardest part so far of having an online shop is not having a personal way of relating to people. I do a great job talking with people face to face but online I don't get to see and visit with the people visiting my store.


Do you have any advice to share?

Sorry I have no advice on running an online business to share. Other than you will only get out of it what you put in. (My mom told me that.) I am still very new at this and still figuring a lot out.


Your Mom is on the right track, I agree completely. You are an inspiration, encouragement, and a wonderful photographer. And it will be exciting to see the positive impact you have in the future on the world around you. It was so wonderful to meet you and learn more about your shop and craft. I am so glad you helped expand my craft community. Thank you so much for coming and talking to us today. You can find and follow Ella at her SHOP | ETSY | FACEBOOK  | TWITTER | PINTEREST
 

Make sure to visit her and tell her a crafty 'Hi!' 



Kelly

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Miss Kiser! I love what you are doing here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are super welcome! I am so excited to have met you! You really are an inspiration to me. :) Thank you!

      Delete