Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Talk to me Tuesday: Rustic Romance Crafts style

Welcome to Talk to Me Tuesday!! Today we are meeting the very talented Kristen, of Rustic Romance Crafts, who just recently was added as a sponsor to my blog. I am so excited to have her part of my krafty-kraziness. She makes beautiful wreaths, banners, wedding decor, summer decor, patriotic decor and more. 


Welcome Kristen! 

Tell us about you!

My name is Kristen and I am the owner of Rustic Romance Crafts. I am a stay at home mom of two boys, 4 and 2. My husband and I have been married for 4 years and together for 9. When I am not busy crafting, I love to go camping with my family, go to the beach, and hang out with my friends. I am addicted to coffee and handmade goods.



Tell us about your shop! 

In January of 2013, I made a New Year's resolution to be more creative. I headed to craft store to see if I could find some inspiration when I found burlap. I had seen burlap banners before and loved the idea of making one. I made a Valentine's Day banner for myself and decided that I would make a few more with the left over material and sell them on my local Facebook garage sale sites. They were a big hit and I started my Facebook page, Rustic Romance Crafts. I continued making banners and eventually branched out into other burlap decor such as wreaths and wedding items. One year after I started my Facebook page, I made my business "official" by opening my shop on Storenvy.  




What is your Favorite thing to make?

My favorite item to make would be burlap banners. There is so much you can do with them! I love getting custom orders and making them personal. I feel like it is something they can keep and remember a special occasion in their lives. 


What is the hardest part or owning your own online business? 

Time management! Being business owner, you wear many hats : designer, creator, marketer, promoter, and accountant. Add mom, wife, house keeper to that list and it can be tough to find time to do it all. I make to-do lists daily and cross things off as I go. Lists keep me sane. LOL
 
  
Do you have any advice to share? 
I would say the hardest lesson I have learned is that your success is not necessarily the same as someone else's. Everyone's definition of success is different and everyone has different goals. Work hard, don't get discouraged, and network with other businesses like yours. I have found amazing communities who have encouraged me, giving me advice and constructive criticism which has really helped me grow.


That is great advice, Kristen! I am so glad you are part of my craft community and your darling shop inspires me all the time. Thank you so much for coming and talking to us today! You can find and follow Kristen at her SHOP | FACEBOOK  | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM  

Make sure to visit her and tell her a crafty 'Hi!' 


Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment